PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Twin Squirrel: Wales/Ireland
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2017, 00:47
John Eacott

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Sata
My son is Royal Navy so lets not go down that route Delta

Done some hairy VFR flights from Nassau to North Eluthra at night single engine in a 172 many years ago.

John is a bit like Dick Smith (well known rich Aussie pilot)

Well planned and not had the hassle of the crap UK weather.

Plus the temptation to fire up and fly when it is just a few steps next to the house.

No need to ask anyone to approve or sanction the flight.

When the aircraft or helicopter is in the garden the urge to go is easy.
I had promised myself not to respond, but you are going too far if that's a reference to me and my flying. You obviously have no idea of my background nor my flying experience in and around the UK and world wide both before and after I migrated to Australia.

The very seldom occasions when I had one of my helicopters in my property were when a job required it, such as positioning prior to a dawn departure for a bushfire job. All others were from one of my bases around the east coast or the Alpine region. Your insinuation that I have no experience of mountain flying and associated conditions is, quite frankly, offensive.

I am well aware of the Welsh mountains and the associated conditions, and (since you ask) had I been flying that route it would have been easy to dogleg around the hills to remain over lower ground and/or coastal. Banging on in the manner that you are does you no credit and, again, makes me question your ability to research a story that you may report upon.

No more from me: I'll get on my motorbike and do something more constructive than discussing this nonsense.