PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 10th Apr 2017, 22:57
TampaSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzled
West Coast,
Your posts neatly summarize what is so problematic with the concept of "acceptable behavior" in the USA today. For police, and perhaps other agents of government, it means violence is an accepted and even expected response to a citizen exercising his / her rights...
More importantly, for you to suggest that quiet acquiescence is the proper response to unfair action by authorities shows how far the USA has drifted from its core founding principles. I wonder what the Founding Fathers, or the folks in Boston Harbor in 1773, would think. Perhaps you should find a quiet spot and read some Thoreau...
Agreed: it is a heartbreaking phenomena where fear filled Americans believe that compliance to maintain order is to be patriotic. In short, my country has gone insane. Guys like Jefferson and Patrick Henry would be waterboarded and in some Federal prison...
ON TOPIC: I fly. Lots. Not on UA anymore. I resisted them, now I LOATH them. I say "no" to police state tactics used by corporations, and I say it with my $$.
Much respects to all you pro drivers and crew supporting the passengers right to not be battered.
Back to lurking for another 4 years or so.