PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 10th Apr 2017, 19:57
HEMS driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by West Coast
If you're hanging your assumptions on that, I predict you'll be disappointed. I've displaced pax many times as a DH crew member. I've been commuting for 17 of my 19 years in the airlines (not UA) have never once been accommodated over a paying pax when not on company assignment. Not once. The thought of it happening to cover 4 Pax is ludicrious. The contract airline has aircraft that are crewed by 4, so 4 pax being removed is consistent with a DH assignment. If you were airline, you'd know how improbable your conspiracy theory is. First, there's no love lost between gate agents and crews and second, the agent would be the one to have to deal with 4 denied boarding school and have to justify it down line during audits.

You can cling to the idea or accept that your idea isn't a starter.
Leave it to the left coast to raise the "conspiracy theory" flag.

I am a retired air carrier captain, and I understand that the relationship between gate agents and flight crew varies. What still remains is what was communicated to police by the lead F/A in terms of why the police should physically remove a pax.