PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Depth of Knowledge for Meterology
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2017, 19:11
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your object is to learn just enough to pass the exam, bear in mind that the exam you take will have somewhere close to 20 questions. However the exam papers are not just that same 20 questions, there are maybe 100 or more questions spread among several different exam papers. Which paper you are given will depend on pure luck.
The reason obviously is to ensure that the student studies the entire subject rather than just the few questions they have been swotting up on.
This may or may not be your intention, I personally couldn't care less.
You seem to prefer to ignore advice that you don't want to hear and thank those who seem to agree with you.
To get some idea how important the entire weather situation is to pilots, try walking into the club bar at any gliding club and listen to the deafening silence when tomorrow's weather comes on the TV, and try making conversation to the guy next to you at the same time.
If there is one subject that you could pick to complain about to pilots, meteorology is the wrong choice. Air Law, fine, who cares a damn about the Chicago Convention, or what spares I can carry across international borders, import tax free.
Theory of flight. Boundary layers, Benoulli and his mates, so what? Until, It's a hot day, are we going to clear those trees with a tank full of fuel and two of us in here? Am I going to stop before we hit the bushes?
And so on.
There's a lot more to it than passing exams and treating the whole thing as a waste of effort because YOU can't see the point.