PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My PPL journey.
Thread: My PPL journey.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2017, 18:51
brentford77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If finances allow...

Originally Posted by Seanmul89
Hey all, not so sure about my title but anyway . I started my PPL here in Ireland about 2 and a half years ago, one of the schools I started with dissolved after a while, then I was flooded with work and didnt get much flying done after that.
So I started back up around September 16, straight into power on, off stalls etc, incipient spin recovery and so on. Then an intro in the circuit. Work was on me again until after Xmas this year and back into circuit, but I had no consistency, I felt my brain was going into mush doing the circuit and I started to worry a little. Am I still at an early stage really? So I am on my 4th or 5th circuit now, nearly there with it im just fine tuning my approach and landing, but again still feel like Im worrying or overthinking it.
I completed the ground school also, but didnt sit any exams yet. I feel like my knowledge isn't up to speed now. Would anyone recommend the best approach to getting the most out of my training, like how much should I read, what to focus on more, I have the Pooleys manuals and AFE revision books. I am flying once or twice a week depending on weather now this year. Any recommendations from experienced ppl holders who may have had the same feelings when they started and how they resolved it.
I do some research on things online and watch some videos and I feel im taking in way too much and different opinions on flying and confusing myself.
Any tips at all would be highly appreciated Thanks
A lot to be said for a week of intensive training, maybe in the US (cost) or UK (convenience). Great way to get the basics nailed and build confidence