PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - refusing access to class D airspace?!?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2003, 21:27
mark147

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the more general point, I flew today from Biggin, entered LHR at Fairoaks, routed Ascot to WOD, then through the Lyneham Zone to land at Filton, then straight through Brum, through EMA, then LBA and Teesside to land at NWC, and exactly the same route back ('cept I didn't bother 119.9 on the way back), which I make 1 Class A and 10 Class D zones* in one day and I was never asked to deviate from my route, change my level or change flight rules once. The closest I got was EMA saying "maintain your present heading" then 5 minutes later "resume own navigation" (the beam bar hadn't moved anyway.)
How about you write an article for one of the GA magazines telling everyone how it's done?

Those who don't have the benefit of reading pprune would surely appreciate some of the "hints and tips" about what routes are likely to work and which are not. I've learnt quite a lot from threads such as this but I'm sure there's lots more to it.

One thing I'd like to know is how you cope with a situation where you need to talk to many different people in quick succession. e.g. you said you transitted London via Fairoaks. How do you manage to talk to two people at once...?

Mark