PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2017, 06:41
blueonblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

20-10 is the only option available to any new-comer, do not let anyone tell you otherwise. We are ALL based in Guangzhou, some just happen to have a reverse roster, this roster can change. If you are coming here, you are coming to china. Get that clear in your head first.

More concerning however, is the medical. If you get sick (I'm talking not being able to come to work sick) you will be FINED 600 dollars a day. We had one guy contract pneumonia and he lost 26000 dollars. If you fail an official medical you go on 100 dollars a day. Worth thinking about. We don't seem to be making any headway on this issue.

I like the job, and the people here. I'm staying but I am constantly afraid something like this may happen to me. We also have had an unusually high rate of bursting appendixes (is that the correct word) and said persons have gone straight to 100 a day. Your medical loss cover will NOT cover you if you are perfectly healthy remember, and we have had medical fails where the guy cant claim as there's nothing wrong with him. Beware of the risks before you join. So far it has worked out perfectly for me and its going well, I really like it. But others haven't had such a sweet ride. I'm just trying to get facts out there, no opinion or bitterness or attitude.