PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon charging pilots for GPS approaches.
Old 25th Aug 2003, 20:32
pullock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to be all for privitisation of government departments. I believed that the government should not control or compete in an arena where the private sector could operate, because it limited the rights and freedom of individuals through excessive governmental control, and government beaurocratic inefficiencies that ultimately cost the consumer far more than what private industry would ecause of competitive efficiency.

I now know otherwise. I have seen the privitisation of many industries, the first of which was third party insurance in New South Wales. It was intended to bring advantage to everyone through cheaper car insurance costs. Now there is no more expensive state in which to register ones car. This is but one example of privitisation failure. The airports are another.

I have learned that big business is no friend of anyone. As much as government operations are all about control through rule, big business is about control via economic necessity, and there is just no available objection to this type of control.

Can someone please challenge me by showing me a positive to privitisation??