PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2003, 20:26
6nandneutral

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose that it was me who started this off with my reply to ML. What annoys me is the assumption that being a mover automatically makes you a candidate to become an ALM. As has been mentioned before there is good and bad in both, but as aircrew if we f***k up we put our hands up, we don't blame the other shift. Which reminds me that the best way forward would be to sack the 'other shift'. I do however thing that it is worthwhile to give the good movers some praise. There have been many occasions when they have sorted out many handling problems on the ground and provided the crews with excellent DF supplies when we normally wouldn't have had the opportunity to do so. What I'm trying to say is that a good mover can be very useful and they are very much appreciated. Where they let themselves down sometimes is with the lack of supervision. On many occasions down route the movers team leader will get too involved in the loading operation and the supervisory element is lost until the ALM checks it. If the team leader was less hands on then they would surely spot any errors earlier. I do realise that this is not always possible due to high workloads and manpower shortages. In these days of many ops we should stick to what we know and work more as a team. So maybe it is time to close this thread, initially I thought that it would be a good source of banter but it has only become a slagging match to the detriment of both trades.
ML checked out your profile and yes it does make good reading, but as TQ pointed out the loading is not all there is to being an ALM.
TQ do you still pratice your C & D drill in a gentlemans club - (private joke).