PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2017, 10:46
Reversethrustset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rivet Joint

I don't see what cornishsimon is doing wrong at all, this is a Flybe thread and like yourself and Flybe Southampton, his interests lies in NQY and Flybe so naturally he'll be passionate about that, you can't knock him for that. It only seems to be yourself who have issues with it.

As for Flybe and the C Series, there's not a cat's chance in hell you'll see one in Flybe colours. For starters the smallest variant is too big for Flybe operations in general. I can't see us operating 3 types, the dash and e175s are here to stay for some time yet. They are new and expensive and to operate them will cost a significant purse, something Flybe doesn't have in abundance.

As for the subsidised bases and flights, my humble opinion is, and note, this is only MY opinion, which in the grand scheme of things means nothing; NQY is performing very well so it'll continue, CWL is performing very well so will continue, EXT and NWI will do inherently well in the summer, the winter is a different story and DSA is, well, the one that I think could be looked at in closer detail. At the end of the day what do I know, that's just my opinion.