PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Depth of Knowledge for Meterology
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2017, 09:14
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thing is we're being told -" you are all managers now," but the end of the day you are still hurtling through the air at x miles a minute and if you are deficient in the "airplane pilot" -aspect of the job you will at some point get your backside bit., MSc or not

I'd actually argue that CBT is way too shortened these days, and there's sod all chance to do that old fashioned thing of gaining a real understanding of the topic ... I'm not on about the "old fashioned" engineering stuff like relays for essential AC buses, it's the lack of time available to really get into the guts of the modern stuff like autoflight modes and what they really mean that I think is a training shortfall.

As for the MSc..nice to have, once you've learnt everything about the aircraft, the route network, ops manuals etc ( ) but one outfit I know of tried to impose an a "own time" correspondence business course, didn't work, people frankly didn't have time to do....and that company certainly are not going to sanction all their pilots going off to do a "proper" MSC.