PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Apr 2017, 08:35
LostinT2DXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know why I'm even bothering to post as all you guys will take this job because it's the only job you can get, but here we go.....

I left for other reasons than salary staying stagnant as OKC mentioned. Yes, the A scale was better (and still is lol!) than what new joiners have been offered since Aug 2009. What really pushed me out was the non-monetary benefits that HR seems not to care about, i.e. Travel, health insurance, staff parking, crew food, scheduling patterns, PBS lies, office staff support, etc...

Travel, it has got better within the last several months, but the time it took to get the improvement was inexcusable.
Health insurance, gets worse every year. Deductible goes up, coverage goes down. Single and in your 20s? Who cares right?
Staff Parkng, the airline ordered 50 jets and no parking for flight staff. Office staff are constantly given priority for parking and crew are basically told to suck it and self pay RTA meters.
Crew food. Well if you are from mm and pop turboprop xyz airline, the food is excellent compared to what you had before. Never mind it's the cheapest economy meals the company can get from EK catering. But oh wait, you can have the leftover scraps from Business class that's been sitting in the cart for 8 hours slowly warming to a bacteria pleasing temperature.
PBS and scheduling, just read what everyone said. Can't imagine anything has improved with the same bribe takers running the system.
For me the big kick in the nuts was the attitude of our multicultural office staff. After the March 2016 crash, it just seemed like no one cared in the office that seven crew + passengers died in an horrific way. No changes at all, just a big declaration from chief pilots office that there was no connection between the crash and fatigue.

I'm much happier for leaving, hope friends that are still there can find an exit when the time is right.