PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Depth of Knowledge for Meterology
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2017, 08:01
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You know you may be thinking otherwise but you are not the only "high attaining" person on this thread.

You've had some extremely thorough and valid answers from the likes of PM, Tryingto...and others, people who like you no doubt use apps, iPads, smartphones, etc, some of whom are graduates of scientific disciplines, many of them also pro pilots with thousands if not tens of thousands of hours under there belt....do you not think they might have just perhaps a clearer and more comprehensive view of what is actually required for the likes of the PPL/ATPL, further training and even routine line operations? I only ask because even though it seems you have yet to gain your PPL you seem somewhat convinced that everybody replying here is wrong and/or over the hill and out of date and you are the only one marching in step.

Look, you can rail against the system as long as you want but believe me it changes very very slowly and if you are waiting for the CAA or EASA to change the syllabus you are in for a long wait.

TBH in the time you've spent here arguing you could probably have learnt all you needed to know about station circles and a chunk more of the syllabus. I wish you luck in the training, I really do, but if you only take one thing away from this thread could I seriously suggest you really reconsider the "why should I learn this, I know better" approach...

(Written on an iPad).