PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St Africa training
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2003, 18:37
df1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As silverknapper states, you can do a search of flight training in SA. I flew in SA on a couple of occassions but was shocked by the numerous complaints and gripes that students had about flyin there.

I have never been to 43 Air school, neither FTC - but ceratinly FTC seems to have a mammoth task in rebuliding its reputation among a good many students.

My advice is beware of "cheap" deals. Although you may think that its attractive you may not be getting a "deal" at all.

Do thorough research and ask to see stats on on student performance. Speak to students - past and present - if possible and get their opinions. Some schools, as you probably know, will advertise the bare minimum price. Check to see that this price is a true indication of actual cost! Check the status and condition of their aircraft......most of them where I flew never saw the light of day due to hangarage with the maintenance guys!

Kevin, there seems so much to do I know but always have a get out plan!! if you don't like the look of the school then be prepared to get out - even if that means coming home! Its all too easy to get sucked into argument and debate whilst you fight for what you feel you deserve - waste no further money if you encounter problems.

If you want more info reagarding my experience in SA please feel free to send me a PM.