PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2017, 07:44
tws123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Experience SEN-AMS-SEN

Returned last night from my trip around the Netherlands and thought I would share my experience.

OUTBOUND: I had an early morning flight last Saturday at 7:10, took me 6 minutes to drive to the airport, checked-in online so went straight to security. Fairly quick through security (10 mins approx, both lanes open, and a new one currently being installed - staff very friendly). Airside, plenty of seating, shops available are basic (but all you really need). The old Tax & Duty Free is now being converted into another shop (opening soon) after the larger World Duty Free Store opened. No long walk to the gate as you are pretty much sat there already. Flight departed on time and was full.

RETURN: Flight arrived 5 minutes early (35 mins in the air!). Very quick to disembark and a short walk to passport control. 6 desks in total, 4 were open (1 open for non-eu passport holders, 3 for EU passports). Despite two desks being closed, we were still processed very quickly (approx 10 mins). Border Force staff very friendly (which is sometimes a rarity). This flight was also full and had landed just after the RNS evening arrival, so there were around 200 people to process. Short walk through baggage (I only had hand luggage) and out the terminal to the car park in 5 mins.

So overall from plane landing to getting home took less than 30 mins. I've seen people complain about the quality of service at SEN before, but for me there were no issues at all and it was simply a fantastic passenger experience and I would highly recommend it. It is also quite clear that SEN can handle more flights as they seem to process people (outbound and inbound) very quickly even without all the security lanes/border posts open. I look forward to flying from there again soon!