PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USN T-45 Grounded After Pilots Strike
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2017, 02:37
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
Lonewolf,

So not a strike as reported - just a safety related stand-down, presumably agreed up the command chain.
It is my take that Fox has oversold the story somewhat, and that your summary is closer to what's going on. However, I have heard through the grapevine that OBOGS, though a mature system, has had some problems and there is a perception that the system isn't willing to put the time and money into getting a long term fix. In a similar story that I am more familiar with, the T-45 nose wheel steering dampening system had a long standing problem that it took some years to finally sort out ... all the while the IP's had to 'live with it' ... by the way, I have another PM for you.

For our other contributor ... (Octane)
I wonder if Lt Pence would avoid the draft if WW3 broke out today, as is recent tradition in US politics.
The honourable Senator McCain (though he's "not a hero" because he got shot down according to one retard), George Bush Senior (who I believe also got shot down in WW2), JFK and John Kerry deserve special mention and respect among others.
He's already commissioned, "dodging the draft" don't enter into it.

So, how many years did you serve?