PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAO 48
Thread: CAO 48
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2017, 23:03
Mr Proach

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I find it odd that a regulator which has rules upon rules that extend into every minor and obscure facet of the industry effectively dismantles regulation over an element of the industry that you would expect would have high priority.
I think that it in the "real world" of the industry when hard limits are removed it provides more opportunity for managers to exploit the system and removes protection from individual crew leaving them in a very vulnerable position.
Operators whose business service the greater public I expect will apply some duty of care because of their exposure to civil litigation.
However for a very broad section of the industry it appears to be open slather.
In my opinion, moving the head of power from the regulations to the AOC deflects public scrutiny away the regulator in the event of any adverse findings regarding duty time as part of an accident investigation.
Those empowered should revoke this legislation and restore intregity to the regulation of F&D times so that it captures all aviation operations.
As you stated Seaeagle it is all about the traveling public, however, those who operate the machinery are also humans (for now anyway).