PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wifi - BT hub - dropping out.
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2017, 18:34
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
yes they are very helpful as are some-but only some of the BT staff and as you saw there is no way to contact anyone above first line customer service.

Give the HH5 a try but as i say it is known to have deficiences in the very areas you are having problems with, ie muddling up 'public' BT networks with your own router and not handling the channel hopping. When is your BT contract up for renewal
Our contract is until November 2017.

Originally Posted by configsafenot
If all else fails and they refuse to let you have an HH6....threaten to take your custom elsewhere

Being a long standing customer, they will realise that losing you is worth the expense of a FOC HH6
I sort of hinted at that, that's why she was able to tell me we are signed up until this coming November. I think the lady I was speaking to would have sent it, she spoke to her manager twice during our conversation, but clearly they weren't having it.

I like BT's service and would be reluctant to leave them, I think it is true that perhaps unwittingly Openreach do give a better response to BT customers. Once Openreach is separated from BT from a managerial perspective then I guess it will be a more level playing field from a customer viewpoint and so a change of provider would not be so 'dramatic' as it were.

As an aside we are currently fttc, but the below ground cable infrastructure is all pipe work and someone on the estate in liaising with BT to see what the cost of fttp might be on the assumption, from BT themselves, that a fibre can be easily drawn into the existing ducting. So, new fibre, new modem - could this be the answer!!