PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wifi - BT hub - dropping out.
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2017, 17:59
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Background Noise
Don't completely diss what 'they' can do over the phone - I had a long chat with India about the MiL's flaky cable modem router (once we'd got over me not being the account holder) and he reset it and 'upgraded' it remotely. Not sure how or what but it resulted in a faster, and considerably more steady, connection.
Wouldn't dream of 'dissing' any tech help desk, before I retired I was very often dealing with technical problems over the phone myself. She offered upgrade/reset etc etc but the intent of my call was to try and get a HH6 rather than hang on to what I already had.

I will give some more feedback after the replacement HH5 arrives next Tuesday, but it is a heavy week for me and it may be a while before I can take this further.

As an aside, at our last house, BT's well intentioned efforts to resolve our broadband issues resulted in the local BT area technical manager in our front room on the phone to some chap in the north east trying to get the HH reset and upgraded. Yes I have, no you haven't, yes I have, no you haven't, yes I have, no you haven't.... He gave up in the end and said he would monitor the broadband performance of our line from his own house. He even gave us his personal BT mobile number to keep in touch.

Love or hate them, it's service like that that has kept me as a BT customer for many years, although I wouldn't suggest for a millisecond that service like that is typical! I find breaking down in tears helps matters, but not in this case sadly so I will have to change my modus operandi!!