PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wifi - BT hub - dropping out.
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2017, 10:56
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Background Noise
We have the same, several in fact. It may just need resetting, or the firmware updating. Use Airport Utility to do either - should be available on any iOS device or your mac, and presumably there is a windows version.
Will give it a try and report back next week - away for the weekend.

Originally Posted by pax britanica
Were they UK or India based the people you spoke to. I would try them again and then write to BT executive complaints -just send an ordinary letter addressed to the Chairman at BTs head office, address is on the internet under BT Plc . They know the HH5 is not all that good and say you have tried and tried and tried and that the regular customer service people wont help you.

I know writign to the Chairmant seems an over reaction but he has got teams of people working on executive level complaints and its BTs own fault fr havign such poor customer service anyway.
PB
I have had occasion to write to the BT chairman's office in the past about more mundane problems at our last house (changing back to BT from a truly awful experience with TalkTalk) and I have to say I found their responses absolutely excellent - very personal, and very very on the ball.

Believe it or not, despite surfing all over the BT website i could not actually find a contact telephone number. In the end I got involved with live chat session with a young lady in India. She was obviously trying her very best bearing in mind I imagine she was following a preset script and made a couple of useful suggestions that I knew would not work. However, I effectively steered her down the route I wanted to go and whilst she could send out an HH5 she did not have the authority to send out a HH6. She offered to ring me at home and put me in touch with 'Customer Options', this she did immediately and put me through - to 'Customer Options' in the UK who had no idea why I was put through to them. They listened patiently and decided I needed to speak to another department the name of which I forget now - but I was put through to a very nice Welsh lady.

She tried explaining a few technical matters me, but I managed to persuade her that all her suggestions, whilst perfectly reasonable would not work for me. She offered me a free replacement HH5 but could not authorise a new HH6 and I would have to pay for that (special offer £50 + delivery). I baulked at that and insisted I wanted a HH6. She went away and spoke to her manager but replied I would have to pay for a HH6. We chatted away again for quite a while and I poured my heart out to her so she went away and consulted again. But the response was still in the negative. I do think she was trying to help.

So, a replacement HH5 should arrive next Tuesday and I have to give it a go don't I?

Whilst it is tempting to contact Chairman's office I think they would likely initially respond that it is reasonable for me to try the replacement HH5 first.