PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2017, 10:28
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
No they didn't, it was a financial flop, which is why they were withdrawn. The economy cabin was filled through various discounters, business and first just didn't sell. If you thought there were pax seated in there, they would be upgrades in the normal US carrier fashion.

Incidentally, when AA ran (in 1992-3) from Stansted to Chicago with 767s, they ran a competition, prize a couple of transatlantic tickets, for what US onward destination had the most onward connecting pax from their first month's flights. I remember picking up the entry form when passing through the STN terminal, and dropping it in the box at the AA desk. Didn't win. What do you think the correct answer was ?
That really surprised me do you know for fact, I worked at the airport during this time and the flights always seeemed full but even if your correct the airport and travel in general has moved on much faster than even I would have dreamed of I for one and there is no way I'm alone in thinking this is I hate traveling to LHR and even LGW I live in Essex and it's not that far to either airport but the M25 is just to much I connect through AMS now when traveling to the US which I do approx 6x a year I'm more than confident that scheduled longhaul from Stansted will work now not only in one direction but with the network of destinations from Stansted people traveling from the US have a massive amount of choice for visiting European cities and the Mediterranean.
But my main point is Norwegian will definitely have an impact on passenger numbers on BA VS etc so why not get in there first and establish at Stansted.