PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LBA medical data release due to privacy laws
Old 6th Apr 2017, 21:46
HLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At first, Hello to everyone! I'm new here (nevertheless I've been a silent reader over years).

The problem with the transfer of the german medical is that all the loopholes of the past are not working anymore.

It was possible to get a second "initial" medical, but that's history since EU-FCL is in force.

It was also possible to pick up all your medical files, with the expensive translations to hand them over to the CAA. But that's not possible anymore. The CAA UK want the files from the national CAA responsible for your license, not from you personally. I contacted the CAA UK and asked that already.
They answered: "As long as in the verification box of the SOLI-Form "unknown" is written (what means that the LBA is not able to provide older files) the transfer will be refused"
So is there a solution?
Maybe!
With the 15th revision of the Luftverkehrsgesetz" the LBA should build a system to provide the data necessary for the transfer. But the older files are not available anymore, because they have been sent anonymized. That it's why older records before 2016 could not be sent.

The solution could be:
a) pick up all medical files from the past, especially the files from the initial medical.
b) advise your AME to hand these files over to the LBA in the new format, that is now required for their data process (I've heard they had a system change)
c) make sure that the LBA Department L5 fills out the SOLI -Form correctly.
d) if they still refuse to fill it out as required, there may be a chance to start a case.
Because: 1. They have to provide these data to other CAAs and 2. They have the data available, you brought them.

That could be a way. I will sort that out in the next few months.