PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wifi - BT hub - dropping out.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 21:06
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
I live near a town centre and often get Wifi with \FOn or BT wifi popping upm ahea dof my own router. Howver main issue is that the Hub 5 is acknowledged by BTa s abit of lemon in some circumstances. One of these is its susceptibility to not recognsing external hubs /hotspots and trying to get you to log in to them. As has been pointed out tis other flaw is channel swapping/hopping and constantly changing th radio channel it uses for Wifi signals.
Solution is geta HH 6 . Much betetr and much less susceptible to these irritating problems. You have to push the customer service people a bit but if you say you have read about the hub 6 and it looks like it will clear my problems you should be lucky with getting it replaced foc

PB
I've switched the hub off and on again to see if it makes any difference. I was wondering if it might be a question of some sort of random co-channel wifi interference, so I have gone into the settings of the hub and changed the channel selection away from 'auto' and to be on Channel 8 permanently as the wifi discovery software suggested that most of the hubs around my property are on all the same two channels (1 & 6). I'll report back as to how it goes.