PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: job offer scheme
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2003, 15:44
TheDrop
SpaceRanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha Tankers? Saw that before, have a look:

(Quote from www.loh.se)

Flexjet Europe which I worked was closed down, while outsourcing. Tough luck for me and my collegues ! Several adds had been placed in Flight International by Flexjet, and one of the companies that responded was asking for a G-IV pilot. Pilots from Flexjet looking for a job had to take a better deal, so it was suited likewise by the scammer. This is what I received from my company (my comments in brackets [] ):

Just been contacted by a private company based in Rio de Janeiro [exotic, right ?] regarding 2 First Officer positions on a GIV. Type-rating preferred but not essential [meaning, come on suckers, take my bait !], they also prefer if you have an FAA licence, if not then a JAR licence is fine [= almost anything will do !].They prefer to have First Officers who are under 32 years old, but are flexible [= anyone will do !]. They pay for accommodation etc, and would consider pilots who had families [= pilots with or witout family, we will be equally happy to take your money ] etc. They employ on a 3 year contract and pay $6,200 per month (tax-free) [Ah, tax-free salary, especially for corporate pilots, really touch the emotional button hard. USD 6200 tax free for a GIV copilot ?]. They are a private company called Alpha Tankers Inc [= does not exist], and they operate as Alpha Aviation ltd.[= does not exist either] These are immediate vacancies [come on, suckers, we are ready to take your money NOW] so they want to move quickly [before they discover it is a scam]. I haven't been able to find out information on them from the Web etc[= does not exist], so I can't give you any other information regarding them.