PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 16:17
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay report continuing and rising demand for MAN-HKG, yet people think 'more than daily' is unfeasable'. If this rise continues, then I can still honestly see 9-10 weekly next year.
No, it's just they won't want to damage yields and you have no visibility whatsoever on how the yield management is performing. You keep looking at everything as an optimist, first with news and positive spin et al and nothing wrong with that. However some of us have seen a lot of this before are well aware of what happens.
For example you argued with me all the way when I sugegsted AA would consolidate CLT/PHL/JFK/ORD post US merger and your view was I was talking MAN down by suggesting they needed to reign in capacity to maintain yield. You would not be told CLT was going, no sir. Remember? Cathay are loss making and have serious structural and competitive problems, they need to get to daily to be properly competitive, and job done in that sense. I disagree they're going to go much beyond that in the medium term, it's not an act of faith, am not attacking MAN, I've just been here before too often IMHO.

Cathay are not a bottomless moneypits like ME3, they need to show a profit and a good one.