PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beverley Museum Closure
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2003, 14:50
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
bral I agree with you entirely. Another example was the disposal of the Vulcan fleet to anybody with 5 grand in their pockets which IMHO could have been better spent preserving existing exhibits. The now defunct Cardiff Museum was a classic case of this. Still, the old Avro Wunderbomber did make a great umbrella when it rained......

I take it you are talking about Boston, Massivechewsets (as made famous by the Brothers Gibb) rather than Boston, Lincolnshire?

Our transatlantic cousins do generally seem to be so much better at preserving their aviation history than us on an institutional level at least. The Smithsonian and it's Silver Hill(?) storage facility get regular donations from the UASF, USN and USMC when aircraft go out of service.

BEagle I'm sure the old adage of "we'd love to help but...." would be exercised. I'm also sure that if the boys at YAM can't get a donation of some kind from the RAF / Army then nobody can! Would you really let trainee pongo drivers carry the last remaining Beverly?? Yup, if it's free says I