PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 11:03
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on guys, read my posts and calm down. The common thread between PAS, SAR, fire and the NHS is they are paid by the taxpayer. I have never suggested we close down any of them Crab. What I am saying is that there should be independent audit to ensure that taxpayers money - and we are all taxpayers - is spent wisely.

Of course we need SAR but go to the Ireland thread and you will see discussion about medical tasking. We need PAS but the question is really is it being overused?

In fact I am probably on your side more than Jay Sata's, as my industry - the NHS - is ignoring independant audit and research. The Government does its own 'audit', and sets up its own lapdogs such as NICE who cut costs and restrict treatment that should be allowed. The risk is that PAS may, or perhaps is, going down the same road. An independant audit might reduce PAS flights or might not, but it would demonstrate the need for the missions you keep listing and help ensure the funding is ringfenced. I am just asking the question. If you just produce knee jerk responses on this thread it matters not a jot. If you do it for real then dont be surprised if politicians and been counters go for greater cuts.