PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 03:47
777AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEI

Originally Posted by VAMY
777AV8R, you are correct. The lack of a properly implemented and functioning FDM program is indeed considerd a very serious transgression of ICAO Annex 6-Doc. 8335. The more germane question is why it has not been implemented? I believe the answer to that question is obvious to many and certainly to the CEO.

Metro301, with respect, you need to "pull your head out of your ass" and have a good look at what is going on around you. I first came to Saudi Arabia in 1982, so I too have a long experience of this place. Without doubt the Kingdom is certainly on the change. I'd suggest you take the 2020 Transformation initiative and the 2030 programs seriously. They are both run by the Deputy Crown Prince and the Crown Prince. As long as they are controlling these programs the changes will move ahead.

Why do you think so many long serving EVP's and VP's have been removed from their positions recently and with such stronge criticism from Higher management?
Its the culture of not doing the right thing because its viewed as not important. The whole ME works in a reactive mode. The majority of States who have an effective oversight system operates in a preventive philsophy. Not until the operator or the State runs up against a serious incident/accident, will they ever change. When ICAO returns on an ICVM and the LEIs remain, this will be a good signal to ICAO/FAA to downgrade their status.