PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot uniforms
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 03:38
Ida down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This world bewilders me. Even in the eighties/nineties, if you told Flight Crew/ Engineers to wear a ring to promote Gay Marriage, most would end up in the round file, accompanied by mutterings of where to shove it. But then again I cannot imagine the likes of Capt. Bert Richie, Keith Hamilton and John Menidue ever allowing the letter to go out in the first place. I appreciate the next generation of both are more compliant, more metro/urban, more aware, then us baby boomers or war babies, and perhaps thats a good thing, but coming from a world that only ever existed of blokes or Sheilas and that was it, I find it incredible that a CEO can use an Icon of this country, to push his cause. Personally I don't care what they do, if they want marriage, let em have it, but like everything else it comes at a cost, one way or another, and like everyone else some will find the grass is no greener, but becomes expensive instead. Welcome to our world. But to be given a ring to wear, will only divide the troops, and that is not good at 35,000 ft, or in the hangers.