PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS renaming .... to QUAINTASS
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 02:11
Trevor the lover

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Yet again, educated pilots (?) who cannot read. Retired Too Early did NOT say "the vast majority of aircrew are highly resentful of gays" as YOU have implied SMT. He said the vast majority of aircrew are against Joyce's thrusting of his publicly gay profile into the airline. Big difference.

And I am with Retired - got nothing against gays (no pun intended). But I do have something against political agendas of the CEO being pushed by a publicly listed vehicle. The shareholders own the airline, and whilst the CEO and board make decisions, the decisions should be about the welfare of the company, not the sexual rights of a country's citizens.

And if you disagree - well how many other non core agendas has Alan pushed using the airline? Funny how he's chosen his particular one. Anyway - my point is to correct SMT and other's misreading of Retired's opening statement.

And on a similar vane - I hate airlines that collect money for UNICEF, or add a voluntary surcharge for carbon offsets, but then take all the credit by saying "Boofy Airlines supports children in need" or "Boofy airlines is committed to fighting global warming and responsibly offsets carbon emissions." NO THEY don't, the passengers do the support, the passengers contribute. (Yep, I do have better things to whinge about, but I just had a sh!tty night and didn't get enough sleep)