PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Depth of Knowledge for Meterology
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 19:02
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesgrainge
I'm unwilling to comment on individual scenarios of which I have no experience.

I take on board your point, but by all accounts the ATPL theory is just as easy, simply more time consuming. I don't really see what this is proving. An ability to learn large chunks of fact and imagery? Like a 5 year old? It's starting to feel like all you need to fly a plane commercially is a wedge of cash and a decent working memory.

In your example all I can draw is similar to making a cake. I may have made it 500 times. I occasionally still need to check the recipe.......Everyone is still happy when they eat the cake.
What a monumentally arrogant response. If you don't want to learn the trade spare us your company. The difference between PPL and ATPL is best described as GCSE to 2nd year degree.

So will you rely on the P1 knowing the de-code, or are you so great you'll be straight to LHS and the P2 can do it?

After 30 years with a professional license a stack of hours and now sitting in the CP's chair you come over as the worst type of new license holder I meet weekly.

If you don't know the ATPL basics when you walk through the door you will fail. Bye bye to the training costs. No-one will support or help you. A PPL may get away with what you suggest, a pro can't. You want to be a pro, then get with the pro programme. Learn what you have to, be prepared to learn a f###ing sight more, stop learning, stop working. A fail on your training record will stick like s##t to a blanket. It'll follow you everywhere. It's a smaller world than you think. I originally thought you wanted to just complete ppl so apologise for my earlier answer. You want to be a big jet pilot, grow up and think like one.

I treat a flight in my PA22 as seriously as a working day flight, most pros do. We've seen many of the snags and catches most ppl's will never see. I you want to go off half cocked you'll find a lot of those snags waiting to get you.

This is the Professional Pilots' Rumour Network. The clue is in Professional Pilots. Be one or just F### Off!

SND