PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 17:09
MaxR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Sata
So please explain how drones can not achieve the same result at a fraction of the cost?
I had grown bored with your inane rants but, as you ask the question, I thought I might give you some clues.

The kind of cameras used on helicopters are what we call very, very big. The kind of drones that the police might deploy are what we call very, very small. Getting it now?

Also, please look up the legal requirements for line of sight before embarrassing yourself further.

You are quite correct, not all of the jobs a police helicopter deploys on warrant their attendance but they often have to make a quick decision based on very limited information and don't have the benefit of hindsight. Sometimes they'll get it wrong, sometimes they'll make decisions that you wouldn't have made but sometimes they'll save a life and how often do you do that?

To answer the other poster who asked about if helicopters are responsible for arrests or for saving lives that would not have happened otherwise, well, I don't know current figures but 10 years ago the numbers nationally were in the hundreds and the thousands, respectively per annum.