PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 12:37
McNugget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad you're pleased. I always heard good things from my friends there. It was saddening to see the uncertainty prevail in recent times, but hopefully that's behind you.

Regarding the money - don't fixate on it. The fact is that with the UK tax system the way it is, disparities between various airline pay grades are actually hugely eroded. When you make 5 grand less than x per year, that's little over a couple of hundred quid a month.

I'd say the biggest financial benefit of the likes of Tom/Mon/TCX are that you can be based in parts of the country where realistically, your costs of living are upwards of a grand a month less. Yes, I appreciate you can commute down to LHR if you're that way inclined, but again, that costs money and disrupts your days off/lifestyle.

That there, is the biggest benefit of the holiday carriers. Leverage that lifestyle to your advantage. Friends that lived up north based in NCL and the like enjoyed marvellous lifestyles. They joined BA in a panic, because their employer hit shaky ground, and every single one that I know regrets it.