PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 11:44
A320ECAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy148
@ Officer Kite,

Im with you on this. I received the good news about 'passing' generation easy jet also. From my ADAPT debrief over the phone (January) i did quite well, I had passed, and was to await a start date. It was then a waiting game, then 2 weeks ago i received a phone call from OAA informing me i had scored an amber on the PQ, and because of this i was being offered route 4 by easy jet, being a safety conscious airline they couldn't take a risk on me.

The amber was my appetite to risk, now i find this extremely interesting. I'll admit i do skydive (a lot), but its all calculated, and i have not jumped when the weather/elements are not right. My job is a risky one, so i mitigate that risk to the lowest possible factor. I held a very senior post within a large organization with a deep routed belief in safety and risk management. I had a number of employees underneath me, who had a hazardous jobs at times. My job was to mitigate that risk, therefore i'm in the opinion I'm very risk averse.

Now OAA were at pains to tell me i had passed their standard even if not that of easy jet, and i could happily pay £128'000 for my fATPL with an A320 rating....and then apply to easy jet again. This made me laugh as it is a very risky gamble....

I think the way easy have gone about this is not in keeping with their ethos..
Safety – Our number one value, sitting at the core of everything we do.
Pioneering – We challenge to find new ways to make travel easy and affordable.
One team – Together we’ll always find a way.
Passion – We have genuine passion for our customers, our people and the work we do.
Integrity – We stand by our word and do what we say.
Simplicity – We cut out the things that don’t matter to keep us lean and make it easy.

I'm afraid you failed on Integrity, for me that is a big red flag.

I suppose at the end of the day buyer beware. I have no ill feeling towards OAA, they did what they said they were going to do. My anger is aimed at easy and the way they have treated me and everyone else who has been stiffed!
Well actually, had OAA informed you that your file will be passed onto easyJet and they will then determine whether or not you have "passed", you would not have been dealt a "low-blow".

Basically, OAA said congratulations you have passed to THEIR standard. They did not inform you that they would then hand over your application to easyJet and they will then have the FINAL say. After all, it is easyJet's decision on who to employ as an easyJet airline pilot.

That's my view and that's what happened with CTC.

CTC said to their applicants that "well done for passing the final stage. We will now pass your information to easyJet who will assess your file and then we will let you know whether or not you have passed".

OAA is sub par to CTC anyway and now you know why.