PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 07:31
BlackPrince77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think HR are playing some sort of discriminating game behind the scenes and I have good reason as to why.

A lot of internal applicants didn't get in, which I know for a fact. This is puzzling as they are already doing the same job, just wearing different uniforms and in most cases working a lot harder than Qantas mainline pilots and on poorer conditions/EBA's.

The initial aptitude testing was unnecessarily difficult, and i believe the reason for that is if everyone does poorly, they (QF HR) can cherry-pick whoever the want and don't want just by saying 'Hey sorry you didn't pass the required standard' when in reality, no one would have passed some sort of a standard as it was so ridiculously hard!

The fact that a lot of airlines within the Qantas group are short on pilots, would suggest that it isn't in mainlines interest to be hiring across internally because it will cost them more with re-training the internal person and then hiring someone to fill that persons original spot and then initial training the near hiree, so 2 times training. While hiring externally just means one lot of training for the new person and the internal guys stay where they are. Win-win except for the internal employees (but who cares about the pilots eyy nothing new here).

I think there are grounds for discrimination, especially as I know actually one guy who got the highest air force testing score in the state a while ago and has since been flying RPT internally for the Qantas group for multiple years (ended up not going through military route) and this person was knocked back before the interview stage for not passing the set standard on the TalentIQ with Qantas?? I mean seriously it's complete rubbish, an absolute joke and my example proves it.

Last edited by BlackPrince77; 5th Apr 2017 at 07:32. Reason: spelling mistakes