PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 00:04
lscot5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Cabin Crew Recruitment 2017

Hi,
I applied for a cabin crew position based in Melbourne on 30/03/2017. I am seeking answers to a few specific questions as well as any advice from previous experiences others may have had.
I have a personal passion for the aviation industry as my father was a pilot and I am also training to fly in my spare time (when I have the funds to pay for lesions.) Additionally I have 10 years experience in customer service mostly in management.

I applied for the position on 30/03/17, and submitted a short 30 second video the next day (after about 30 re-shoots). I am confident my resume, cover letter and video were perfectly presented for this role.

I am so excited to have a chance at this position as I have been applying for cabin crew roles as often as possible over the last few years. I attended a Qantas recruitment session last year and their process was quite fast.

Questions;
On average how long after applying online does Virgin respond with either the next stage or a decline?

Should I be concerned that despite the position application closure date was 31/03/17, that the role was relisted again on 04/03/17 with a new deadline of 30/04/17?

Where does Virgin typically hold their recruitment sessions? At a hotel/conference center? I live about an hour outside Melbourne and when I attended the Qantas recruitment session last year it was in a very awkward location.

Where and how long does the training for cabin crew roles usually run?

Does Virgin provide transport or an allowance for getting to and from the airport when a stay over is required?

Are their any other Melbourne based applicants or current Virgin employees that would be willing to communicate regarding region specific questions I have?

I would appreciate any details that anyone could provide regarding their experience, successful or not, with any Australian based cabin crew recruitment / working conditions. Happy to clarify or discuss with any/all as I am very excited and want to be as prepared as possible. I will continue sharing my experience throughout my recruitment journey for the benefit of all :-)
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Luke 05/04/17