PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackbushe Microlight Ban?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2017, 15:33
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
I live near Blackbushe and the place has got a lot less busy in recent years with a lot less based aircraft. I am sure the Phenom accident spooked the new owners even though the report makes clear the microlights only contribution was actually being there .

On that basis I doubt that helicopters are that compatible with biz jets either and the Bushe takes things up to a Dassault Falcon size so they are not just the Toytown Mustangs.

In spite of its seeming isolation Blackbushe does have noise issues and pretty well all movements are south of the field and have to squeeze in between the runway and the M3 (Farnborough is on the other side of the M3) , not a big area and in summer it can get surprisingly busy with circuit traffic.

Shame if the airport is just drifiting down though as its a nice place to while away a lunch hour with my sandwiches and if you keep yourself to yourself no one bothers you unlike some airfields in the locale which behave like they are Area 51. While on the subject of airfields in this part of the world I haven't seen much on PPrune about Fairoaks closing?