PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daps V Jeps
Thread: Daps V Jeps
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2003, 07:13
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
StraightnLevel

I changed to Jepps about 7 or 8 years ago because I was sick of the plethora of cut and paste ammendments that came out in Notams after almost every cyclical AIP/DAPs ammendment.

Jepps don't use the Cut and paste method, they simply reissue the chart at the first opportunity. Given their cycle is every two weeks, one doesn't have to wait too long.

I use 3 x 2" duraflo binders, one for approach plates, one for AIP, one for daily use plates and aircraft data and route data cards etc. They are wearing well. The bible paper stands up well, with only the occasional page getting torn. Each year Jepps send out a checklist so that one can ensure that the whole manual is up to date. One can order something like 40 lost or damaged replacement pages, at no cost.

The service from Jeppesen in Melbourne surpasses that of Airservices, though I haven't used Airservices for several years.

I've just paid the renewal for the next 12 months, $257.70. It varies from year to year due to the exchange rate. I am seriously considering vonverting to JeppView when version 3 is released. It should be cheaper because it is all electronic issue, with updated downloaded from the Internet, thus saving on postage and handling.

My initial issue was too long ago to remember the cost, email Darren Mattingly at Jeppesen in Melbourne to get all the gen. Ph (03) 9706-0022.