PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2017, 11:50
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clamchowder
Monarch must be one of the best places to start your career as a pilot.
I don't know anyone from my time at OAA that earned as much as I did in the first few years, not by a long way!! Over £55k gross first year, not including pension contributions and this was at 85% salary. (Money isn't everything, but to a debt ridden inexperienced FO it means a lot with house prices the way they are)
I get treated 100% better by my company. My T's C's are fantastic and my overtime pay is double or triple theirs.
I'm sure there are good people at every airline, but as mentioned before, its like a flying club. I just did 4 days flying in a row and none of it felt like work (2 sectors is great).
'Those' people we've all flown with are so rare I only know of 1 at my base, the largest MON base.
Feel secure that MON engineering is some of the best in Europe.
Great training department.
Work hard like all short haul carriers in the summer then chill out for the winter (sorry) on 30 hours a month average doing weeks of standbys not being called. That said, I did maximum 75 hours a month summer '16, easy peasy

Can't help with the recruitment side.
I am fairly sure newbies on the cadet scale earning 10/13th salary are not getting anywhere close to that.