PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of FY2016-17
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2017, 20:13
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA

Please re read my post. I never 'asserted' that he wasn't demoted. The statement was made that someone had been fired for this event, which as it turns out, they were not. This was based on two separate individuals with the same story, obviously providing 'knowledge' to others that was not as 'common' as first thought! That does not for one minute imply that a demotion is in any way considered acceptable. It is not. I'm not privy to the facts or background to this case, or to the individual's history. Neither probably are you and the great majority who post here. And for the record, the WAW guys are still here. A few hours in the sim doing 180's. Done.

I just hope that the individual involved in this unfortunate incident has the contacts and help to take the appropriate action. If he's as competent and capable as many allude to, then he'll do well. It's just unfortunate we work for a company where this nonsense still goes on. You'd have thought they'd have learnt from past mistakes such as Manchester and Columbo.

And our management wonder why pilots aren't coming!

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 4th Apr 2017 at 08:00. Reason: Removal of middle paragraph in light of some recent information.