PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawarden RMZ now operational
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2017, 18:32
2 sheds

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi 2 sheds, for the 5 mile 3000ft separation I was thinking of any Belugas or other IFR traffic having to be separated from us Cessna types.
I have flown near to and landed after the Beluga, after having been informed to keep so many minutes separation, for wake turbulence.
Scifi - those criteria would only apply if you constituted unknown traffic. However, with the RMZ you can be identified, and with your kind agreement - the controller (yes, Jan, controller, providing various levels of service under the umbrella of "FIS")can then apply lesser minima for traffic under a Deconfliction Service. It would be phrased as "for co-ordination request...". It's Class G airspace so you are entitled to refuse the request, though that rarely happens - but if it does it is generally for a sound operational reason. May I commend CAP774 to your attention.
As mentioned above, you would not have been instructed to keep x miles behind a Beluga, it would have been advice based on your relative WT categories; you can always ignore it and make a high approach above his WT.
Regards
2 s