PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2017, 17:28
pumaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchaa
Admittedly I've never used the new S92 SGBA HUMS system although was experienced with the old EuroHUMS and MPGS/M'arms.

Quite a lot of reports of late flights out of Aberdeen recently due to HUMS test flight requirements due to no data captures though (S92). I presume it was similar to the Airbus systems where no closure of the card meant no download.

Regardless, they may or may not be reporting the status from the accident flight, whether they have the card or not and whether it's in any fit state to be downloaded. They haven't lifted the wreckage yet, only cut the pilot free, so unless the diving team retrieved the card along with the body then I presume it would still be with the wreckage.

Pfm1000, that's the golden question. Along with airspeed if the last data track recordings are accurate.
As the divers have only been down at minute intervals due to bad weather and have only retrieved the Second Pilot my guess is that the HUMS card is still with in the cockpit, and would imagines it is not easy to retrieve with mechanical equipment, so I would imagine the HUMS card will be recovered along with the remaining wreckage.