PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2017, 15:35
flyer25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKA Bonding

No doubt the bonding is a bit ridiculous, but it's not legally enforceable in HK court. But if you want to use the company as a reference, they can also claim that you skipped out on the bond with the new company or if you want to work for a Hainan company in the mainland then this would prohibit that for sure. When I left, I know that you can ask for a waiver for the remaining bonding if you have some amount left otherwise, its deducted from your final pay check. But your last pay is also held until you pay the taxes as calculated by the company. When I was there to CCQ to the A330 was 1 year 15k USD bond. This is why some guys, if they are not coming back to Hk leave on the 29th since you are paid on the 28th. But make sure transfer the money from ur account Like I said in previous post, there are people who have accepted things by laying low. But most plan to leave. I know two guys this week who asked me to refer any opportunities that I may know or come across to them so they can leave HKA. In the last 2 years I was there, a lot of new joiners i.e. Captains just wanted the A330 type and PIC time so they can go to other opportunities. HKA is just a place you go if you need a gig to find a better gig if those still exist anymore in the pilot world; few an far between sometimes.