PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So WestJet almost puts one of their 737 in the water while landing at St-Maarten...
Old 2nd Apr 2017, 10:37
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thougth that TSB investigated EVENTS, in this case the crew applied the right decision, went around and saved the day, so no event or Outcome, as the TEM teaches us. TC is the right agency to investigate the issue as they are paid to set the rules to PREVENT events or outcomes. If an attitude, behaviour, knowledge or else was applied in a situation and solved it that's exactly what it is requested by good airmanship no need for further investigation, the system reacted as expected so why keep digging? It looks just voyeurism to me.

I think that is over simplified. If a crew is dumped, unexpectedly and due to no fault of their own, in an undesirable situation and they escape from it, then job well done. If a crew, due to inappropriate actions, puts an a/c into an undesirable situation, and then, as they see a disaster unfolding, they decide to escape from it, then perhaps not quite so job well done. It would be necessary, from a learning point of view, to analyse the events completely and not just dismiss it as a non-event.