PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2017, 10:13
ROW_BOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer, you're missing the real scandal here.
HKA is demanding a 2 Year Bond of 25K USD for that non-existent CCQ course!
For what? A differences course?

And that's USD by the way - not HKD.
Why price it in USD I wonder? Is it because it sounds like a shed load more when you write 200,000HKD? Maybe they don't trust the HKD/USD peg?

This Bond (if even legal in HKG) applies equally to a guy who just strolled in the door and goes straight on the (new) rating as it does to a long serving pilot.
That's how much they value loyalty. Zilch.

No loyalty among thieving pilots I hear you say 'Below the Glide'? But HKA is GREAT isn't it? Who would want to leave?

I think a lot of HKA guys will take a long hard look at this deal. They'll already be feeling irked because the cost of a (actual) CCQ course was previously contracted at 15K USD, until just last week, when they upped it to 25K at the stroke of a pen!

Many will also be thinking that this is no great deal when they know they will operate mixed fleet flying with the 330. If it was a standalone 350 fleet you might be looking at increased time off as a result of the longhaul sectors. But no - you will be doing the same old local flights too, and knowing how the rosters are operated in HKA you could well find yourself getting no 350 trips for a while if you've been a bit 'naughty' and upset the wrong office clerk.

Never mind. If you don't want it the next guy will grab it. No Seniority in HKA remember.

But imagine if nobody volunteered? Now that would be funny.
Another shot in the foot by HKA HR.