PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2017, 04:17
megan

Received 413 Likes on 214 Posts
Left and Mick, unable at the moment to find the source of where I found the roof cladding info.
The 700mm panels have four ridges per width or 175mm ridge to ridge
I see the Kliplok here says 233mm between ridges. Do different manufactures have different profiles?

Roofing Profiles | Select Metal Roofing

Seems to be an avenue closed, unless some one can climb up there with a tape.
This should show up on preflight run up
Unfortunately Eddie pending failures don't always show up on preflight. Have experienced three governor failures. The best was multi engine helo and during cruise the TQ's started surging. As one engine ran up the other ran down and visa versa. Playing semaphore over a wide TQ range. Identified the bad engine, reduced to idle, motored home, and gave it to maintenance.

Aircraft returned to line, and I made a big, big mistake in not checking what work had been carried out exactly. 35 minutes into the next flight in cruise the previously bad engine dropped to zero TQ, hand was half way to grabbing the throttle to reduce it to idle, when in the blink of an eye it went to max power. I couldn't believe the acceleration, far faster than a slam acceleration, and I was surprised it did so without any sign of compressor stalling. In any event, reduced power to idle and motored home. That's when I found the remedial action from the previous event was they made a one hour flight and unable to fault. Cause was deemed to be stricture in the flywheel assembly causing the original TQ fluctuations, which ultimately led to drive shaft failure on the final flight.

Flying a single engine type making approach to home base. Went to pull collective to terminate to the hover and there was nothing there, as in no engine response. Landed off an auto rotation, placed the governor into manual fuel and hovered to the pad, put the governor back into operation and unable to fault.

Dual engine PT6 helo, had just landed and both throttles still full open when one engine slowly started to accelerate with attendant increase in rotor RPM. Placed governor into manual fuel and completed flight. Maintenance put down to slug of ice in the P3 line.

Last edited by megan; 2nd Apr 2017 at 04:28.