PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2017, 10:43
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CX

I'm a fairly frequent MAN-HKG traveller and have by and large favoured one of the ME3 mainly due to the superior in flight travel experience (up front class).
However, when I do fly CX the over riding factor for me, is that it is generaly 5 hours quicker than via a ME3 hub. I'm always amazed how full the front bit on CX is. I came back about 10 days ago & only 1 empty seat in Business- that's pretty normal.
I've flown on many CX sectors on different routes that nowhere near has the J class demand that MAN has.
My other half currently lives in HKG and travels very frequently to Europe for work. Wherever he is, he always ends up flying to LHR to get an evening flight back to HKG. Many people need to work a full day & fly back- a Midday departure isn't always the best.
For whatever reason CX appears to have a very solid loyalty base (it's not even that CX fares are cheap- they are not), they really should capitalise on this whilst the flow is with them.
One thing I would like at MAN would be for CX & QR (One World) to get together a share a decent business lounge. The CX lounge at LHR is superb. Obviously one flight a day at MAN doesn't justify the cost- but if they could share with QR would be great for both airlines.
If there could be an evening flight- from a business view Friday would be best.