PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of FY2016-17
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2017, 10:02
north flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thread I wait for each year.

They will start jerking us off with teaser emails from whoever and rumors from "someone in the know" about this and that telling us to just hold on, it will get better, it's going to be great.

Then it will go past May with the email telling us pay is still under review, they will make you feel like there is some kind of internal turmoil between the good guys and bad guys, that will make you think there is hope and cause you to stay just a little bit longer and the next thing you know, summer is over, kids are in school and you are here for another year.

Anyhow, the way I see it:

Are they going to make a profit, mature airlines have good years and bad years and survive, just the nature of the game, my guess is that they will show a loss on the airline side for a few reasons that they just can't hide anymore, but who really cares, Shake Mo is going to get his "payment to the owner" from the group.

Token bonus, maybe, maybe not, but again, who really cares.

Now for the interesting one, pay raises,

This one has me a little stumped, as I have never seen an airline in this situation before, they are still growing, at least for now, flying wide body aircraft all over the world, yet losing their experienced pilots and can barely attack entry level pilots.

10%, that will not even get anyone's attention.

20%, might get a few to sit up and take notice, but I don't think that it will change the situation much.

30%, now you have people taking notice, don't get me wrong, I think that 30% just brings us back into the realm of being in the lower tier mature airlines pay with the amount of flying and general bull**** we put up with, but it makes you sit up a little straighter in your chair.

So, do they give 30%, no way, they might as well give us nothing and hope for the best, which seems to be the way things go around here.

Last edited by north flyer; 1st Apr 2017 at 11:16.