PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2017, 08:18
Connedrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105

Megan,

Hats off to you on your practical maths but can I ask what dimensions did youuse for the roof cladding?

The ridges/corrugations in the cladding should be 30 cm apart. By mymeasurements the first five prop strikes occur over a distance of 1.82 metresor 5.97 feet. That yields an average prop rotation of 1833 rpm. As you'd expectthe last five prop strikes occur over a slightly greater distance; about 1.89metres or about 6.21 feet by my measurements, yielding 1762 rpm.

I make the yaw to achieve the left and nose wheel gear marks nearly aligning asthey do to be around 30°.

So what prop speed is it 2000rpm 1586 1833. So megans difference is nearly 25% ish. Thats a large difference is it not. Why is that important. Because one is in prop gov range and the other is not basically. This is an indication of the power being produced by that engine. Case in point you really cannot make any expectation of prop speed with out detail measurements this includes airspeed at inpact. If its slower than expected the inpact marks will be closer and vice versa.