PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's hiring CRJ900 pilots into the left seat on the A320 for $20k+/mo
Old 31st Mar 2017, 14:46
FlyinColo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dominican
To the OP....., your experience is too low to be competitive for those 20K+ contracts you are referring to....., those are mainly in China and precisely because of the pay, they have quite a bit of applicants.

I would suggest that you try for the less desirable non-rated DEC contracts out there and get some experience on the A/C, then try your luck in China again.

Best of luck.

One thing that I would recommend about Asia in general and not just China..., don't make assumptions! Asia isn't any different than any other country in terms of proficiency in the cockpit, many of the local pilots out here are actually quite good.
Thanks for the advice Dominican, I'll do that. You're right, it's incorrect to make assumptions about an entire country, that seemed to be a general consensus of posts from the guys on here and a friend of mine in Asia. But now seeing some of the replies to my question I'm realizing maybe a lot of the people here are very jaded so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I appreciate the useful advice though!